Monday, May 24, 2010

37 Weeks!



As of Friday I am technically full term. As of today I have 20 days left. We were aiming for the 18th, but Stephen told me just now that he doesn't want to do the load out so I guess we're aiming for the 15th now. Just as a reminder, the 13th is the due date.

I had my review at work on Wednesday and told them I wasn't planning on coming back to work in September. It was very sad for me to actually say it out loud even though I have been thinking about it for a very long time and feel good with the over all decision. I also had a really nice surprise baby shower at work last week. I was very surprised and it was a great treat in the middle of the workday.

While I have sort of finished with work I have had my second cold in about a month so I haven't gotten anything done. Thanks to our many generous friends and family members I think we have everything we need for at least the first month of life. I need of to look at one of those lists of things you must have to make sure I'm not forgetting something super important. Tomorrow I am for sure going to schedule pediatrician meetings. No excuses! We were supposed to buy a car today, but I am still a tiny bit too sick to do anything that annoying and today was day one of catching my cold for Stephen so we decided to lay low instead. Buying a car postponed until Friday.
I have complete confidence in my ability to finish cleaning out the nursery this week. It would be nice if my nesting instinct would kick in already because I have no motivation. This whole pregnancy thing happened way to fast by the way. I think I could use another month or two please.

I have my Group B Strep test tomorrow morning and am super nervous about it. It is apparently extremely common and not really that big a deal if you get treatment for it. The unfortunate thing is that you have to take antibiotics intravenously at least four hours before birth. I really want to not be hooked up to anything during labor and I want to stay home as long as possible, but I also want to have a healthy baby so I will have to make some changes to my ideal birth if I fail the test.

Guess that's it for now. I will most likely post again soon as I am certain to be procrastinating on cleaning the nursery. Here is a picture of me updating the blog taken by Stephen. This shirt used to cover my belly :(


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lauren, you are lovely! I can't wait to meet (via photos, I suppose) buddy. You are almost there! I didn't know you were able to quit your job. AWESOME. SO JEALOUS. Sigh.

Nory came 10 days early so you better get cleaning! Buddy could be here any minute!

xxxooo judy